US Immigration update: USCIS Filing Fee Increase Temporarily Blocked. Apply Before Fees Increase.


On October 1st, 2020, a US Federal Court temporarily stopped the nationwide implementation of USCIS’ increase in fees, which was scheduled to become effective starting October 2, 2020.

Applicants still have a chance to save hundreds of dollars in USCIS fees —before the temporary halt is lifted.

To save on USCIS fees:

  1. Complete your N-400 or I-765 Form today
  2. Send your application package to USCIS as soon as possible

These 2 steps allow applicants to take advantage of current USCIS fees before they experience a dramatic increase —which is currently on hold.

Waiting to submit immigration forms will cost applicants hundreds of dollars more once the halt in USCIS fee increases is lifted. USCIS is likely to appeal to the 9th Circuit Court to get the fee increases pushed through.

USCIS Deputy Director of Policy Joseph Edlow issued a response to the temporary block stating that USCIS was “underfunded by millions of dollars each business day the fee rule is enjoined” and that “current fees do not recover the cost of providing adjudication and naturalization services”.

This statement clearly indicates that the USCIS fee increase will come into effect sooner rather than later and makes applying now the only way to secure the current fees.

Immigration Form Current fees Fees after increase halt is lifted Savings when you apply today
N-400 US Citizenship $640 $1,170 $530
I-765 EAD $410 $550 $140

Petition for Family-Based Green Card Online

Complete Form I-130 in a few easy steps

Family-Based Green Card is the first step towards helping a relative become a U.S. Permanent Resident. Form I-130 establishes the existence of a relationship between Green Card holders or U.S. citizens with a family member.

Sponsor your immediate relative for a Green Card

The Form I-130 helps US citizens or lawful permanent residents bring family members into the United States.

To correctly sponsor an eligible family member, U.S. citizens or permanent residents, must file Form I-130 along with all available documentation; e.g., certified copies of your green card, birth certificate, or US passport, to prove the existence of a relationship with the applicant.

Once your application is approved, and a visa number becomes available, a separate form must be filed for each eligible relative, to complete the process for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status.

You must complete a separate I-130 for every different relative who hopes to immigrate to the United States.

If you are eligible to file Form I-130 you may do so on behalf of the following family members:

  • Spouse.
  • Unmarried children younger than 21.
  • Unmarried children older than 21.

If you are a US citizen age 21 years or older, you can also file Form I-130 on behalf of:

  • Your siblings.
  • Your parents.

You may not file Form I-130 on behalf of a relative if any of the following applies to them:

  • Adoptive children, if the child was adopted after age 16 or if the child has not lived with the parent for at least two (2) years;
  • Stepchildren, if the marriage to occurred after the child’s 18th birthday;
  • Stepparents, if the marriage that created the relationship occurred after your 18th birthday
  • Grandchildren
  • Biological parents in the event that you were legally adopted;

You may not file on behalf of your spouse if:

  • If you gained permanent residence through an earlier marriage to an American citizen or permanent resident, in most cases
  • If you married while they were in the exclusion, deportation, removal, or rescission process.

The application process of Form I-130 is both faster and easier for U.S. citizens.

There is no waiting period between the time you submit your application and your eligible family member getting a visa number. Therefore you may also simultaneously file Form I-485, Permanent Resident Application.

Permanent Residents cannot submit Form I-130 on behalf of their parents, and their married children. However, once naturalized, Green Card holders will have the same rights as U.S. citizens.

To correctly submit Form I-130, you have to answer every question truthfully and accurately, using black ink. Make sure you do not skip a question. If you do not have space, you need to answer a question, attach a continuation sheet with the item number your answer refers to written in the top right corner. You must also sign and date each continuation sheet.

If a question is not applicable to you, mark N/A. If the answer is none, write None.

Unless specifically requested by the USCIS, you can send photocopies of the required documentation instead of originals, as originals may not be returned to you.

You must also provide evidence of your US Citizenship or Permanent Residency.

Documents that can prove your US Citizenship:

  • Birth certificate
  • Naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship
  • Form FS-240, Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States
  • Valid US passport
  • Original statement from US consular officer verifying your citizenship

Documents that can prove Permanent Residency:

  • A copy of your permanent resident card (front and back)
  • A copy of the biographic page of your passport (with your name, photo and expiration date clearly visible)
  • A copy of your I-94 card

The filing fee for Form I-130 is $420.

You are required to pay the application fee with either money order, personal check, or cashier’s check from an American bank in U.S. dollars. Cash will not be accepted.

If the beneficiary is in the U.S. with temporary permission from the USCIS at the time that they receive a visa number, they then must file the Form I-485 Green Card application.

If the beneficiary is outside of the U.S. at the time that they receive a visa number, the NVC will send your petition along with their visa number to the recipients’ local U.S. Consulate or Embassy with detailed instructions on how to complete the Visa process.

What are the advantages included in my application?

Apply Computer

24 Hours Email support
24 Hours Personalized instructions
24 Hours Self-help software
24 Hours Helpful tips
By using our website you accept our Cookies Policy.
OK + Info

By using our website you accept our Cookies Policy. Click here to know more. I agree