Green Card Renewal Online

Your online Green Card preparation

Complete Form I-90 in a few easy steps

Complete Form I-90 to renew or replace your Green Card. Our online system will guide you through every step of the application process. Start now! Permanent Residents must file Form I-90 at least six (6) months before the Green Card’s expiration date.

Renew or Replace your Green Card if lost, stolen or damaged

A Green Card, or Permanent Residence Card, is valid for ten (10) years and to maintain your permanent resident status current, you must renew it. Without a valid Green Card, it may become difficult to work or travel for both you and your dependents.

If you are a permanent resident whose ten (10) year Green Card has expired or is about to within the next 6 months, we highly recommend that you begin your renewal process as soon as possible.

To renew your Green Card please submit Form I-90 – Application Form to Renew/Replace the Permanent Resident Card. Please note that this form is only valid for non-expired Green Cards.

You may use Form I-90 if your Green Card was:

  • Damaged, lost, stolen or destroyed
  • If your card expires in the next 6 months
  • If after being issued the card never arrived at the provided address
  • If the current card has incorrect information on it
  1. The card holder got married or for other legal reasons their name or personal information has changed.
  2. If their card was broken, destroyed or another type of damage has been made to it.
  3. If when issuing the card, USCIS has made a mistake, such as personal data errors.
  4. In case the Green Card has been stolen, lost, etc.

Permanent Residents must file Form I-90 at least six (6) months prior to the Green Card’s expiration date, also after reaching 14 years of age Permanent residents can also use I-90 when taking up commuter status

The points mentioned above are only valid for Permanent Residents and only they can RENEW their Green card. Conditional Permanent Residents, on the other hand, are not allowed to renew their Green Card.

If you are a Conditional Permanent Resident, you may NOT use Form I-90 for renewal of your Green Card. You must wait until your current Green Card reaches its expiration date to be able remove conditions of residence. It is advisable to submit your application ninety (90) days before your card expires, using the I-751 Form – Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence.

Note that this form can not be used if you have become a Conditional Permanent Resident through investment or entrepreneurship. If this is your case, use I-829 form – Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions.

Permanent and Conditional residents will not be granted a renewal or a new status if they do not meet USCIS requirements, which are as follows:

  1. If the applicant is unable to present the required documentation regarding his/her status.
  2. If the reason to receive a Green Card no longer exists – e.g., obtaining the Conditional Green Card based on marriage and then getting divorced.
  3. If the applicant was convicted of certain crimes such as felony or misdemeanor.
  4. The Green Card will be denied should you lie during the Renewal application – after filing Form I-90, the USCIS will schedule the Biometrics appointment which will be taken under oath. It is of the utmost importance not to lie or hesitate during this process, if caught you might be denied the renewal and in some cases be deported from the United States.
  5. If the applicant incorrectly uses Form I-90 - Conditional Residents should not use Form I-90 to renew their Green Card, as they need to remove their Conditional Resident status first. Failing to do so will automatically void the application.

Filing the form and receiving your new Green Card after the previous one has expired does not mean you will lose your Permanent Residence. However, because employers require a valid Green Card, you may experience problems in the workplace and render a new job search impossible.

Note:The USCIS will not accept your Form I-90 to renew your Green Card should you submit before the advisable time frame of six (6) months before the expiration of your current Green Card. Doing so will result in having your application mailed back to you.

What are the advantages included in my application?

Apply Computer

24 Hours Email support
24 Hours Personalized instructions
24 Hours Self-help software
24 Hours Helpful tips
Apply Now arrow

Inter IMMI Services LLC is not a law firm and does not provide any legal services but general information and self-help services regarding immigration to the United States. This company is not a government website/agency/affiliate/representative. The US Citizens and Immigration Services have not endorsed this company. We do not represent any legal authority nor do we purport to act as legal counsel or advisor or any other form of legal representation. Our company provides a self-help software which provides detailed information regarding the process of how to correctly complete an immigration form and we only provide technical support in relation to the above. Therefore it is not a substitute for and does not replace legal advice. Clients will be able to request a refund, as long as they meet the requirements stated in the Refund Policy

© 2017 Inter IMMI Services LLC - All Rights Reserved.

Green Card Renewal Online