If I am in the military, what documents do I need to complete form N-400?

To apply for U.S. Citizenship, applicants must meet both the eligibility requirements and complete and submit Form N-400, Application for U.S. Citizenship. To submit Form N-400, Application for U.S. Citizenship, correctly applicants must also submit additional documentation that verifies both their identity as well as their status. However, special conditions apply for those who serve or have served in the U.S. military.

Those who are filing Form N-400, under the military provisions, Section 328 or 329 of the INA are exempt from paying both the filing fee and the biometrics fee.

Military personnel must submit the following documentation along with their completed Form N-400:

  • A Photocopy, front and back, of the applicant's Green Card.
  • Photocopy of the applicant’s current legal marital status document (if applicable), e.g.; marriage certificate, divorce, annulment decree, or death certificate of former spouse.
  • Applicants who reside overseas must provide two identical color photographs of themselves taken recently.
  • Form N-426 Request for Certification of Military or Naval Service - If you are currently serving in the U.S. Armed Forces, please submit a complete and certified Form N-426. If you are separated from the military, provide an uncertified Form N-426.
  • Evidence of Military Service: If you ever served in the U.S. Armed Forces, provide a Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, DD Form 214, for all periods of service. If you are currently in active duty within the U.S. or abroad, please submit a copy of your official military orders.

Next Post Previous Post

is not a law firm and does not provide any legal services but general information and self-help services regarding immigration to the United States. This company is not a government website/agency/affiliate/representative. The US Citizens and Immigration Services have not endorsed this company. We do not represent any legal authority nor do we purport to act as legal counsel or advisor or any other form of legal representation. Our company provides a self-help software which provides detailed information regarding the process of how to correctly complete an immigration form and we only provide technical support in relation to the above. Therefore it is not a substitute for and does not replace legal advice. Clients will be able to request a refund, as long as they meet the requirements stated in the Refund Policy

© 2024 - All Rights Reserved.