What happens if I can not afford the Form N-400 filing fee?

If the applicant is unable to pay the filing fee for form N-400, application for U.S. Citizenship and the total household income is lower than 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, then the service fee will be waived. Applicants may request a fee waiver if they are unable to pay the filing fees or biometric services fee. When requesting a fee waiver, applicants must complete Form I-912 Request for Fee Waiver and provide proof that they are unable to pay the fees.

Applicants are eligible to file Form I-912 if:

  • Either the applicant, their spouse, or the head of household living with the applicant, is currently receiving a means-tested benefit;
  • The total household income is at or below 150 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines at the time the applicant submits the application;
  • The applicant is currently experiencing financial hardship that prevents he/she from paying the filing fee, including unexpected medical bills or emergencies.

Next Post Previous Post

is not a law firm and does not provide any legal services but general information and self-help services regarding immigration to the United States. This company is not a government website/agency/affiliate/representative. The US Citizens and Immigration Services have not endorsed this company. We do not represent any legal authority nor do we purport to act as legal counsel or advisor or any other form of legal representation. Our company provides a self-help software which provides detailed information regarding the process of how to correctly complete an immigration form and we only provide technical support in relation to the above. Therefore it is not a substitute for and does not replace legal advice. Clients will be able to request a refund, as long as they meet the requirements stated in the Refund Policy

© 2024 - All Rights Reserved.